A leaky roof can cause major damage that sometimes isn’t seen. This damage can be in your attic or along the insides of your walls, causing mold and mildew problems. If you have a leaking roof in Medford, OR, having it inspected right away is important for the structure of your home.
• Your shingles are old. If you have a roof that is more than 20 years old, you could have shingles that are worn, cracked, or rotten. Sun and other weather eventually wear down the shingles, allowing them to let water through.
• Sometimes the culprit is roofing nails. They can sometimes come out of the roof, allowing water to get through the hole they once occupied. If you have your roof inspected regularly, a roofer can usually catch this and fix it before you need extensive repairs.
• If your flashing becomes damaged, water could leak into your home. Flashing is metal that runs along vertical surfaces on your roof. Rainwater can get into these areas if there is an intense storm and your flashing is damaged by wind or something falling against it.
• If you have a rubber piece protecting parts of your roof, such as plumbing vents, the rubber can get worn or damaged and allow water to run into your house.
• If your roof wasn’t installed properly, then it is more likely to leak. Hiring a professional can provide you with a guarantee that your roof is done right.
• Your roof may get damaged by a storm. Debris can cause water to pool or create a puncture in your roof, allowing water to run down into your home.
• Your roof could simply be old, and it is time to get a new one. Age can wear down a roof and create many problems at once. If you don’t know the age of your roof, a roofer can give you an approximate range and help you plan for a new roof.
If you notice a leak or see any signs of damage on your roof, Hadley Roofing in Medford is available for inspections and repair work. We will work hard to get your leaking roof fixed so that you can live comfortably in your home again.